Jul 13, 2011

PART THREE: Bestfriends or Lovers?

Kaine:

There was a great battle in which I fought myself. Rationality vs Irrationality. My head vs My heart. And amidst it all I asked myself this question. If I wasn't in love with Wale, what was I doing beating myself up for?

Oh snap!

I WAS IN LOVE WITH WALE.

And with the realization, a great fear engulfed me.

I wasn't one to chicken out, I had always believed in facing my fears. That was my ready advice to anyone who cared to listen. But it wasn't so easy when the tables were turned. Its one thing "giving out" advice and another "taking it".

Was I to tell Wale how I felt? How was I to begin?.

I sat in front of my mirror, practicing with my reflection.

"Wale there's something I have to tell you...", I began...No, too cliché.

"Wale do you have feelings for me?..." Nah! Too cheesy.

"Ok..here's the deal...I like you. Love you maybe..." Too direct I thought, as I ruled that out aswell.

Sigh.

Boy and Girl Palava.

A passing glance at my watch, and I realized Wale was due to pick me up in 20.

Oops!...I hurried to get ready.


Wale:
(At wale's pad. He's sprawled on the floor playing Fifa 11 while Kaine is sitting flipping through a mag. It had been an unusually quiet evening)

Me: K you ok?

Kaine: errr..sure..why wouldn't I be?

Me: Aii..just checking

I returned to my game which if Kaine had been looking, she would have realized I had since stopped playing.

But she wasn't looking she had refused to look at me all evening. Her face was buried in that boring health mag. That was discouragement enough..I almost faltered..but a guy had to do what a guy had to do.

"Wale", Kaine called at the same time I said "Kaine".

Then followed quiet.

Me: You were saying?

Kaine: No you go first.

And as our eyes jammed we both knew what the other wanted to say.

"When did you know?" I asked. "I guess I'd always known but I was denying it", she replied. You?, she asked. "I was smitten from the very first day", I replied, holding her gaze, more sure of myself now that I knew she felt the same way.

"So what happens now?" Kaine said.


THE END


And I leave the rest to your imagination. What do you guys think happened?

No comments:

Post a Comment