Oct 27, 2011

Code Name: The Carrier

The Client is Igbo.

This much I can tell of the nameless face from my elevated position. His head gives him away. Round and wide with 6 folds at the base that roll into his thick neck. I counted. Little dents trail his head reminding me of the untarred Onitsha road. His was the type, my roomate Lovette described as Otikpiri. Well balanced on his storky neck. I snicker as I remember the explanation Lovette gave when I asked her what it meant. "It means the person's food goes to his head causing the head to stretch and be enlarged", she said with the straightest of faces and I couldn't really tell if she was saying the truth.

I look down at the contorted face beneath me, a part of me hoping to see a stranger even as I know what to expect. An all too familiar face stares back at me. It is always the same. No matter the place, time, or person. The face remains the same. Papa stares back at me. He always does.

I smile.

The Client sees my smile and beams exposing his crooked gap tooth. "You like that my beautiful angel?", he asks with a lisp, as he tweaks my attentive nipple a little too hard and resumes his grunting. His fingers dig into my arched back as he viciously begins to jerk.

He's coming.

I ride faster.

He grunts one last time and suddenly the jerking stops.

The Ordeal is over.

He lets out a loud belch and out of his mouth escapes the awful stench of stale groundnut. He pushes me off his body, almost rudely. He's in a hurry to leave.

"Nna baby, you won't kill me", he says as he frantically tugs on his trousers.

He is married. I can see the pale skin on his finger where his wedding band should be.

He slaps N3000 on the bedside table and hurries out the door.

It's been another successful exercise.

A mutually beneficial one.

I've satisfied yet another horny bastard.

He's satisfied me too in a way he cannot begin to imagine.

"All of me", he wanted

"No rubbers", he insisted.

I agreed.

I let him plant his seed inside of me.

And I gave him a Seed of my own.

I smile to myself.

"But I will. I will KILL you" I say to the quiet room.

And with a heart wrenching scream comes the tears.

As I cry for the 8 year old girl that was sexually abused by her father time and again.

I cry because I hate that he makes me punish strangers who bore his face.

I cry for the family that was soon to be destroyed by the virus.

I cry for the person I've become.

An alien in my own skin.

A ticking bomb.

A Carrier.

8 comments:

  1. o wow..nice read...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This piece is awesome!..nice one Ayaba

    Gbolahan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning. Just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shit! Practically felt spiders crawling on my skin, like it was happening to me! Good writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice read Ayaba. m follown ur blog, kindly follow mine back. tanx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You truly vanished into this character and captured the story beautifully...
    Really nice.

    ReplyDelete