Jun 1, 2012

Letter to my unborn son



Once upon a time you were just a little seed and even I didn't know you were there. Way back when I was a waist 26 and all my clothes fit.
And when I became a walking ball and I couldn't go past the door? I laughed out loud and said "you should see your mama now".

The first time I set my eyes on you I was too scared to hold you lest I soiled your perfectly formed innocence with my worldly hands.
The first time I held you, you smiled. It was the slightest tilt of your crimson lips and I swear the world stopped for a millisecond.

When your palms curl around my finger and hold on so tight. I know its because you trust me and know I'll always be there.
And when I cry silently and hold you so tight, in your beautiful innocence your tender fingers trace the tears away.

I'd dress you up in the cutest clothes, Yes...you baby are gonna be the toast of the block!
And when I see a mother hen being protective of her chicks, I'll chuckle inwardly because it reminds me of me.

When I'm puffy eyed from catering to you all night, and you give me that sunny smile, it makes me want to stay up all over again.
As though you see into my soul, you look at me with your big clear brown eyes and I'm lost in all that white .

When you're in tears, my heart breaks into little pieces and I want to promise you, you'd never have to cry again. But I can't.
And so I tell you instead that for as long as I live, I'll look for a million ways to make you smile.

I'll tell of my dreams for you and you'd nod as though you understand my every word.
But that's ok because I understand your every coo even before it is made.

When you say your first word, I hope it'll be "mama" and then I wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry so I'll do a little bit of both.
When you suckle hungrily on my breast I'll shake my head and smile and say to myself "like father like son".

I'll write you a special song and watch as your eyes light up and you clap your hands in excitement.
I'll sing you a lullaby and watch as your eye lashes flutter, your arms fall and slowly you go to sleep.

When the day is far spent and the night is at hand, I'll tiptoe to your cradle just to watch you sleep.
And when the first streak of the sun rouses me, I'll open my eyes to see you watch me wake.

And I'll thank God with everyday I see for blessing me with you.

Love,
Mama

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful one hunnie!! Xx yelz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww, made me think of my unborn son too. very nice dear

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gives an insight of what to expect. To all intending mothers don't expect your baby's first word to be Mama they end up calling DaDa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww........... Now im so excited to have kids.But the thought of paying N75000 per term for creche calms me.
    Nice one dear

    ReplyDelete