Sep 30, 2011

Unmasked

Hi guys,
For some time now, I had been trying to get reconnected with my first love, poetry, and the talented wordsmith Tobi Bamtefa gave me an opportunity to do so. Here is a piece written by Tobi and myself. I hope you enjoy it.

xxx

With aged eyes, I see the pain behind her hooded smiles.
Hear the hurried beat of her broken heart.
Trace hurt in the lines of her fragile palms.
And nurse wings that fly...no more.

With aged eyes I reach for another
Scarred beyond recognition.
Blinded by memories of love found. And lost. And found only to be lost again.
Till love can be found...no more.

With aged eyes I watch as I am altered to suit a misconstrued mind.
As I am brutally gutted and reborn as another.
As I am labeled, classified and shut out.
Till silent I can watch...no more.

Picture a man with actions that speak as clear as day
The steps he takes, for your perfection. Reacts with no delay
With each move he makes garments torn like brittle hay
Until clothed he remains...no more.

Picture this man standing before you
Bruised, battered, completely dismayed
Package in hand, hole in his chest and love in his eyes
And with a fight, the retrospective mirage dissipates like mist in the wind.
His intentions are concealed...no more.

With aged eyes I watch as reality set in.
As the cloud that once obscured your youthful mind, fades off.
As time flies and the truth is finally revealed.
Unmasked, I remain in the shadow...no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment