Apr 6, 2011

Dear Mother

Every other month, I get a broadcast message announcing Mothers' Day and I wonder to myself why the world can't settle on a date to celebrate mothers like they did with lovers. Then I realize how difficult it must be to choose a single day outta 365, sometimes 366 days to appreciate a mother and momentarily I forgive them this annoying habit of forwarding broadcasts. So on this sunny afternoon i take a look at this special classs of women. Mothers.

Dictionary.com defines a mother as a female parent. Bleh! I've always thought their definitions inadequate anyway, so I give my own definition..feel free to quote me.

"A mother is a female who carries a burden for 9months, goes through excruciating pain in labour, and once she's put to birth becomes selfless, putting the concerns of her child ahead of hers all life long".

Put in another way;
She's a Producer- producing breast milk for her baby.
She's a Stylist- dressing you up at age 4 in little frocks and tuxedos.
She's an Alarm clock- waking you up in time for school.
She's a Doctor- nursing you back to health.
She's a Judge- settling disputes between siblings.
She's a Nutritionist- forcing you to eat vegetables when you hate it.
She's a Driver- taking you from place to place.
She's the Chairman of your fan club- rooting for you at the school play.
She's your Confidant- reservoir of your prized information.
She's your Intercessor- taking you to God's presence daily.
My Mum knows a whole lot- you say at age 6.
She's not so nice, she beats me- you say at age 10.
She's annoying- you say at age 14 when she won't let you do certain things.
She's hopelessly old fashioned- you say at age 18.
Maybe she might know a little about things- you say at age 23.
And you can't do without her opinion as you grow older.

She's a goldsmith, molding you into the best you can be.
She's a pilllar, doting on you for the rest of her life.
She's so much more, I couldn't possible put it all down.
She's an all rounder.

Simply put...She's Awesome.


This is dedicated to all mothers and especially to mine, my best friend and rock Mrs. Motilayo
Oladeleoluwa, you're absolutely, definately and totally AWESOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment