Aug 26, 2010

For the love of the BB

I recently discovered the joys of owning a smartphone (blackberry, Iphone and the likes) and frankly speaking if you haven't then you are missing.
Like Nigeria in the light of the PHCN strike, you are in the dark.
But jokes apart, this is a serious issue.
Over 50% of the country is in a blackout, save for the generator users.
In the words of one of my twitfam (that's how we refer to each other on twitter)
"PHCN don kidnap the light sha. How much do we have to pay in ransome?".
Now that is food for thought.
From the students writing exams who have to literally burn the midnight oil to study;
To workers who have to iron their clothes for work every morning;
To business owners who depend on electricity for the daily running of their facilities.
I'm talking about scenerios we can relate to;
The barber on the street,
The fashion designer on the corner,
The factory owners...all subjected to running their outfits with a generator.
But what of those who can't afford that luxury especially in this period where economic recession is at its peak.
All because the powers that be care more about furthering their ends, we have to pay one way or the other.
How does this affect me, you may ask?
As earlier said, I recently discovered the joys of using a smart phone (a BB in this case), some of which include: Social networking via twitter. With it comes news on the go courtesy updates from my ever compliant twitfam (trust me news travels at the speed of light with this bunch);
Internet service- for general and specific knowledge;
And basically enjoying a pleasant conversation with family, friends and associates.
Now lack of electricity equals inability to charge my phone which equals loss of contact with my informants around the world which I must confess leaves me slightly disgruntled.
I'm sure a lot of you out there can relate to this.
So please...to whom it may concern...
For the love of the BB...#LIGHTUPNIGERIA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment